Objectives – Our aims are to:
- To bring together in a supportive and stimulating atmosphere of prayer, discernment and commonality all the key players at every English Cathedral and facilitate learning and exchange, best practice and resourcing.
- To consider and discern the challenges and opportunities that are before the Church and the nation in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic and Brexit.
- To focus on the service we are called to give to our society, the stewardship we must give to our planet and the justice we are called to enact and exemplify for people of all races and backgrounds.
- To provide information, training and practical steps that allow Cathedrals’ mission to strengthen and develop and for our governance and management to meet and thrive with new legislative requirements.
- Cathedrals will be able to address and serve their contexts with insight, knowledge and openness.
- Cathedrals will be able to work co-operatively and coherently with each other and a range of partners in the public realm.
- Cathedrals will be inspired to offer the treasures of faith, spirituality and service in continuance with their tradition and innovatively as new challenges are addressed.
- Cathedrals will be equipped to offer outreach to the nation and play a full part in the mission of the Church of England.